About VCA Wirral
What is VCA Wirral?
Voluntary & Community Action Wirral (VCA Wirral) is a local infrastructure organisation, formed in April 2008 from a merger of four CVS on Wirral. Local infrastructure organisations work with local community groups and voluntary organisations which provide services locally and support them to achieve their aims, objectives and ambitions for community benefit. VCA Wirral is a membership organisation (click here to sign up) which is also a registered charity (no. 1123267) and company limited by guarantee (no. 6276431).
As a local infrastructure organisation we fulfill our role through five performance standards:
- Support - VCA Wirral provides a range of services including access to basic facilities such as meeting rooms, photocopiers and equipment. We also support local groups through regular newsletters, e-bulletins, training, governance and funding advice.
- Liaison - VCA Wirral encourages networking within the sector but also between groups and both the statutory and private sectors.
- Representation - VCA Wirral enables the views of local groups to be represented at many meetings including the Local Strategic Assembly and Wirral Strategic Partnership Executive, amongst others.
- Strategic Partnerships - VCA Wirral works in partnership with local government (Wirral Council) and other statutory agencies such as NHS Wirral to shape the delivery of services and encourage strong relationships across all sectors. VCA Wirral also works with partners across Merseyside, Cheshire and North Wales.
- Development - VCA Wirral identifies gaps in service provision and work with groups to develop new and innovative services to meet these gaps.
VCA Wirral's strategic aims are:
- VCA Wirral exists to provide support and services to local voluntary and community groups across Wirral.
- VCA Wirral is a focal point for effective networking - embracing organisations from all sectors.
- VCA Wirral provides an opportunity for the views of local groups and organisations to be represented in relevant fora.
- VCA Wirral continues to take the lead in identifying gaps in service provision and work with groups to develop new, innovative services.
- VCA Wirral will facilitate appropriate third sector involvement in strategic decision-making at all levels
Vision & Mission Statement
To support and empower the local third sector and ensure that service users are better able to take advantage of the choices available to them as a result of our support.
To provide effective support for local groups, organisations and individuals in order to enhance the quality of people’s lives and build strong communities.
- A commitment to equality in everything we do
- To ensure we act as a local grassroots organisation
- To be open and approachable
- To treat everyone with respect
- To be an environmentally friendly organisation